We begin to be used to seeing unmanned vehicles. More and more markets and areas are joining the trends of the UAVS: aerospace, agriculture, cinematography, photography, construction ... are just some of the branches that have already echoed the benefits of this type of vehicle.
This, which entails many benefits for companies and individuals, also involves complex technological problems, as well as the need to apply safe and automated mobility policies. In addition, from this, UAVs are demanded that comply with a series of key considerations:
- Size: compact UAVs are searched but without giving up functionality. This aspect is in line with the platforms, since they grow in functionality but reduce their size.
- Weight. Something very obvious in this type of vehicle is the importance of building something light and strong. Within this trend, materials such as carbon fiber are gaining ground due to their characteristics.
- Power. The use of demanding processors in computer systems requires good thermal and energy management. Within this, a selection of components that do not consume a lot of energy and that do not produce a lot of residual heat is required.
- Cost. The latest technological advances used by UAVs help to reduce costs and avoid problems of obsolescence.
- Resistant. That they work reliably in any environment is key to UAVS. They must be designed to withstand extreme temperatures, shock, vibration, dust and even inclement weather.
You can learn more about UAVs and their needs in the following document.